8 reasons why the Creatine is one of the most effective supplements for fitness
1. Creatine is one of few suplements that are proven to work by many scientific studies.
2. Creatine have a large potencial for you to push heavier weights just in a 1-2 weeks from when you started to use it. Creatine will lead to 5-20 percent increase in overall strength.
3. Creative also can have an impact on your cognitive abilities. Brain cells are demanding creatine for their function, so the more creatine you have in your body, the more fuel you are giving to your brain.
4. Creatine is boosting the production of another hormones, sucha s IGF-1 , which is the most potent growth factor in the body, even stronger than growth hormone. This hormone is also connected to muscle mass building and reparation on damaged muscle cells.
5. Creatine may help you to prevent Parkinson disease. Parkinson disease is caused by reduction of dopamine levels in a humans body. Creatine is keeping dopamine levels up, which is basically a prevention against this disease.
6. It will also improve your sprint performance, and sprints will boost your testosterone levels, so its a win-win combo.
7. Your complete body shape will improve, and you will have more lean body mass after couple of months of usage. By a study, 12- week supplementation with creatine caused 35 percent increase of muscle fibers.
8. If you are a vegetarian or vegan, creatine can have a large positive impact on your body. Creatine has a lot of potencial to boost memory and intelligence in vegetarian adults.
How does creatine Work?
Creatine occurs in two forms: as a free creatine and creatine phosphate. The main source of energy in our body is ATP ( adenosine triphosphate). By doing exercise, our ATP levels are getting lower, and we are becoming tired and exhausted. ATP si is breaking down into ADP ( adenosine diphosphate). ADP is useless unless it is converted to ATP again. Funcion of creatine in this process is that it is supplying ADP with phosphates co they can convert to ATP faster. So you will get an extra energy and also your recovery will be faster.
How to use creatine
Many users of creatine are starting with a loading phase, which is about 20 grams per day divided in 3-4 portions. But the loading phase is not necessary, because based on the study, after one month of creatine suplementation there is no difference in a creatine levels , whether started with loading phase or not. Only differnce is, if you will start with a loading phase you will get results little bit quicker than without loading phase. After this phase, the dosage is usually 3-5 grams per day.
There is a recommendation to take creatine with sugar, because if the insuline is raising, its easier for creatine to get into the muscle cells.
Possible side effects
The most common side effects are nausea, diarrhea, muscle cramps, dehydration and weight gain. Nausea and diarrhea can by caused by the fact that stomach cant fully dissolve creatine. Muscle cramps can be caused by the lack of water, because creatine creates water retention so there is a need of higher water intake during creatine fill-up.
More side effects occur when you are taking higher doses that are needed and high amount of creatine is converted in creatinine , which is later excluded from body by urine. High doses of creatine in a long term can have serious side effects, and no important benefits, therefore is not recommended.
Based on my experience, I would recommend combination with beta-alanine, and for example with nitric-oxid booster product – the one that is considered the best is citrulline malate. This will make your workout lot more intense, and recovery will be lot faster. Beta- alanine also has a feeding phase, so you can start taking them at a same time for powerful results.
If you want to maximize your power output, I would recommend you to try our Bonoobo Triple energy Coffee. It is a lot better alternative to preworkout drink than regular coffee. Bonoobo Triple energy contains Ginseng, which increases cardio output, and Schisandra Chinensis which has very similar effect. Acetyl-l- carnitine helps with energy production and it is mitochondrial fat burner . Creatine + Bonoobo Triple energy = good gains ! Check our eshop.
Nowadays, there is a lot of different forms of creatine on the market. The most basic form is called creatine monohydrate, which most of the studies were based on. This form is considered as a best working, altough some different forms can have a small benefits as well. For example, creatine akg is a form of creatine with added alpha- ketoglutaric acid. This acid has antioxidative effects, it plays role in collagen synthesis, and can fight excessive nitrogen load during workout.
One more form which is worth a try, is creatine alpha-amino butyrate. It increases red blood cells volume and hemoglobin, which will improve sports performance. That is creating greater blood flow and speeding recovery.
So for conclusion, we recommend just classic creatine monohydrate , or if you are willing to invest more you can try different, enhanced forms. You can start with the loading phase if you want to see results quick, but after one month the results of creatine intake will be obvious with or without loading phase. Take 5 grams of creatine per day and let the magic happen.
DISCLAIMER: The information included in this article is intended for entertainment and informational purposes only. It is not intended nor implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice. Prior to buying anything, check that it is compliant where you live with your current government laws.